Please refer to this link for details about our different subscription plans: https://etoolglobal.com/software/subscriptions/
Embedding LCA at an organisation level has become easier and will provide added value with centralised ownership of LCA models, floating seats, inter-company collaboration for integrated design and unrestricted number of read-only users.
The Enterprise subscription is suited for organisations with developed LCA capacity working on a variable number of projects who prefer some per-project costs to help manage fluctuations in the work.
Enterprise benefits and features:
- Higher discount on project fees – 40% discount.
- Centralised ownership of LCA models and intellectual property with the user project data stored and managed centrally by the organisation.
- Full inter-company collaboration with floating seats to complete LCA modelling and unlimited read-only users.
- A User Management Portal in eToolLCD allowing organisations to allocate available seats to active users (floating software subscriptions) and view user’s activities.
- Advanced eToolLCD training
- Unlimited “Read Only” seatsSpecialist and Enterprise collaboration
Check out how it works in this quick demonstration:
Collaboration between enterprise and specialist users – An organisation may waive the minimum Enterprise seats required if at least one user is a Specialist Subscriber and providing the Organisation has at least one Specialist Subscriber they will also qualify for all Enterprise Subscriber functionality.
If the Enterprise user is the lead author of the study there will be a project access fee associated with that specific project. If the Enterprise user is just a collaborator in the study authored by the Specialist user then there ́s no access fees. Their only limitation is that the Enterprise user minimises the effort in the study to less than 20 added or edited Design elements. eTool will warn users in the system if an action will forfeit the Specialist Subscriber Access fee waiver.
See additional info on How to set your organisation up in eToolLCD – Enterprise Functionality.
If you’re on a Consultant or Enterprise subscription, you will need to pay an access fee prior to using eToolLCD to start your project. To raise an invoice for this, you can do so via your eToolLCD dashboard under the ‘Request Quote’ menu.
Even if you do not currently hold an active subscription, you may start the process of finding out which subscription most suits you by requesting a quote anyway.
Alternatively, you can contact our Business Development team directly in the link below:
Open Use, Consultant, Researcher and Enterprise subscribers are subject to software Access Fees for any project in eToolLCD that is for commercial gain. Only Specialist subscribers has this fee waived.
What is included? The fees provided are for the complete use of eToolLCD software, including all LCA/LCC features associated with your subscription level, development of new features, software maintenance, life cycle inventory data as well as our unique certification service. Software access fee is paid before you start a new project for commercial gain. The certification involves support for the users conducting the LCA by way of coaching them on the use of the software, how to report and how to build an audit trail of changes in the model. It is an interactive process to ensure users’ model and project not only meets required standards but also gains the most value out of engaging with Life Cycle Design.
Why does eTool charge an access fee? From day one, eTool recognised the importance of comparable and accurate results flowing from our software. By checking users’ inputs, eTool can ensure comparability. ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 standards for LCA call for all studies to be verified by a third party, therefore it made sense for us to offer this certification service as we understand the inner workings of the software which is important for an LCA verification. It also provides us with a revenue model that doesn’t require large upfront fees since the project budget is no longer a key factor in commissioning an LCA, thus allowing the proliferation of affordable LCAs and lower impact buildings.
How is the fee calculated? Access Fees will vary depending on project size and type. For a more accurate fee figure specific for your project please request a quote. The table below is an indicative guide on how much you can expect the fee to be for your project. More information on the different subscriptions can be found here.
Certify your design
eToolLCD Certification Service (Third Party Review)
Once you have set up your Organisation Portal (via Specialist or Enterprise Subscriptions), you are allowed to take advantage of ‘sharing’ purchased Specialist or Enterprise seats across multiple users within the same organisation to help save costs. As long as a user is holding a valid seat (Specialist or Enterprise), the user will be able to work on LCA modelling in the software (i.e. create new projects, edit/update existing projects they are assigned to, submit designs for certification, respond to certification review feedback etc). When that seat needs to be passed on to another user in eToolLCD, that first user will need to be reverted to ‘Read Only’ access first to ‘release’ that seat before it can be assigned to another user.
An organisation may waive the minimum (4) Enterprise seats requirement in order to enjoy the Enterprise Functionality feature if at least one Specialist seat has been purchased. In order for an Organisation to qualify for an Access Fee discount on all their projects, the organisation needs to have purchased at least ONE Specialist seat.
Users can only be assigned as a ‘Lead Author’ or ‘Collaborator’ in a project when they are holding a valid (Specialist or Enterprise) seat. However, once a user has been assigned as the ‘Lead Author’ or ‘Collaborator’ for a project, their roles in the project will remain (Lead Author or Collaborator) even if their seat within the Organisation is changed to ‘Read Only’ or ‘Inactive’ unless it is changed. We recommend retaining the same authors and collaborators in the project even if they are no longer working in the organisation, as long as it is an honest representation of the study (i.e. they were mostly responsible for putting the LCA together). If new users have taken over the project, they can be added as a ‘Collaborator’ and can still submit the design for certification as long as they meet other seat/subscription requirements. Note that the above seat-sharing feature is all manually managed by the Organisation Admin (more info on this here).
We have recently released a new feature that automates the seat sharing functionality within the software. If you would like to know more, please read about our Specialist Hotseat & Specialist External Seat.
Organisations that have a mix of both Specialist and Enterprise seats collaborating on the same project need to be aware that the Enterprise seat users will have a limit of 20 design element changes for each project. Breaching this limit will forfeit the Access Fee discount applicable for the project entitled to the Specialist seat. eToolLCD will warn users in the software if an action from the Enterprise seat user will forfeit the Specialist seat’s Access Fee discount. If this is an issue for the organisation, please consider purchasing more Specialist seats and ensuring that all collaborators on the project are Specialist seat users to avoid inadvertently forfeiting the Access Fee discount.
In response to user feedback and demand, eToolLCD now offers TWO dynamic seat sharing functionalities to help improve the seat sharing experience.
Our recently released ‘Specialist Hotseat’ is built on the popularity of users opting to share their Specialist seat in eToolLCD to save costs. With the new feature, users now have an upgrade option to let the software automate the seat sharing functionality in real-time instead. This functionality makes seat allocation seamless and enhances the user experience. It also makes the use of purchased seats a lot more efficient and prevents organisations purchasing unnecessary additional seats when simultaneous use of the software is not at its limit. Beneficial for multi-discipline design teams. When an organisation has purchased Specialist Hotseats, the org Admin is able to allocate these seats to their users in the ‘Manage Users’ tab. There is no limit to the number of users they could allocate these seats to as the Organisation Admin.
The ‘Specialist Hotseat’ is an upgraded version of the standard Specialist seat. The upgraded seat means that the software automatically manages the seat sharing function among multiple users that have been assigned the hotseat within the same organisation.
- Seats are automatically allocated by the software in real-time at login, depending on the number of seats available;
- Once the Org Admin has allocated the seats, admin users can still control user access to specific projects (Lead, Collaborator, Read Only, Not Involved) while the software will automatically manage seat allocations within the organisation. Please refer to this support post for more detail on managing Organisation members;
- In-app communication process when all seats are allocated to verify if active users would like to retain access or revert to read-only;
- 25% Additional cost compared to the standard Specialist seat which has no hotseat functionality (manual management of seat sharing).
In addition to new ‘Specialist Hotseat’, we are also introducing the ‘Specialist External Seat’ functionality. The ‘Specialist External Seat’ function allows organisations with this functionality to have external contractors/consultants that ‘bring-your-own’ seat when collaborating within their organisation on eToolLCD. This feature can only configured by eToolLCD application administrators, so please get in touch if you’re interested in activating this feature.
Specialist External Seat
- Available only for organisations with a minimum of five (5) Specialist Hot-seats;
- External consultants with an existing eToolLCD standard Specialist or Specialist Hotseat seat will not require an additional seat allocation within the organisation and will be able to utilise their existing seats when collaborating on projects (note that for Specialist Hotseat users, their access will be dependant on their Hotseat availablility. Otherwise their access will be ‘Read Only’ until a Hotseat is available to them);
- The external user needs to be invited to join the Organisation in eToolLCD first to be assigned the Specialist External Seat. Please refer to this support post for more information on how to invite users to your organisation;
- Organisations with this feature activated can assign unlimited ‘External Specialist Seats’ to members of their organisation;
Please read the following related articles for more information:
Specialist Seat & Specialist External Seat: How Do They Work?
Set your organisation up in eToolLCD – Enterprise Functionality
How many certification requests can I submit at a time?
Note: If you are updating the details of an Organisation / Enterprise Plan containing seats, please see: How to Update My Organisation’s Subscription / Payment Details?If you’ve received an email regarding your Pending Plan, please disregard this email. The Pending Plan is a transitional plan type that may be required when you switch your Personal Subscription. If you are listed as being on a Pending Plan, this will be updated using information from our payment processor the next time you log in to eToolLCD.
- Log in to eToolLCD and in your home dash, click on your profile name at the top right corner of the page and click on ‘My Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Plan’.
- Click on ‘Change Plan’ if you wish to upgrade or downgrade your subscription plan.
- OR Click on ‘My Personal Payment Details’ to update your card payment details.
- If you clicked on ‘My Personal Payment Details’, you will go straight to the billing information page where you can update your card details as below.
- Click ‘CONFIRM UPDATE’ to finalise changes.
Note: If you are updating the details of an Personal Plan, please see: How to Update My Personal Subscription / Payment Details?When you create an organisation, your Personal Plan is automatically set to Open Use to avoid double-billing.
- Navigate to your Organisation Portal <most important step to avoid creating a new organsation
- Click on ‘Edit Plan’
- Click on ‘Edit Plan’ again to update card details.
- Select applicable payment option.
- Leave the number of seats as is if you do not wish to change them.
- Click ‘Next’ to move on to the payment details page.
- Update your payment details by clicking on ‘Change Payment’.
- Click ‘CONFIRM UPDATE’ to finalise changes.
However, if you are part of an organisation with an Enterprise/Specialist subscription where you have a number of users sharing one or more Specialist/Enterprise seats, you may use the seat sharing feature so that each user can submit a certification at one time provided they are holding the right seat at the time. Therefore, each organisation can submit as many certifications at one time as the number of users in their organisation.
Having certifications in flight for long periods pose a huge vulnerability in the review process as there is no way to ‘lock’ the design from getting edited in the interim. As a reviewer, if weeks/months have passed between reviews, there is no way to ensure that the user hasn’t made any undeclared changes to the design without conducting the review all over again which is time consuming.
Nonetheless, we understand that things can change with projects which are outside of your control (i.e. projects getting put on hold indefinitely). Therefore if circumstances change with a certification where you are unable to update the LCA due to missing information, you can choose the following two options to proceed:
- RECOMMENDED whenever possible: complete the certification ‘as-is’ so that the design is ‘locked’ which will speed up the future review process if/when the project gets restarted again. This is because the reviewer will only need to compare the difference between the new cloned & updated design versus the previously certified/locked design. This is particularly important especially if the reviewer has already completed the first initial review. Note that you can ALWAYS get your design certified without responding to any of the reviewer’s feedback if you do not wish to do so bearing in mind that the relevant quality checks & comments will be left in question to highlight the reviewer’s concerns for reference.
- Only if the initial round of reviews has not been completed: ‘Un-certify’ the design to take it off the certification queue. This is only recommended if the reviewer has not started the initial review yet. If the certification has not been assigned to a reviewer then it would be safe for you to take it off the queue. However if it has already been assigned, please notify the reviewer of your intention to take the design off the certification queue before you click ‘un-certify’ so that they won’t inadvertently waste time completing the initial review only to find out that you’ve taken it off the certification queue.
I want to register for the student/researcher account however it keeps asking for my credit card details. How do I register?+-
In order to register for the Researcher Account (12 months free), you will still need to fill out your billing details as a placeholder. You won’t be charged for the first 12 months (note the date on when your first bill will be issued as shown in the image below). After the 12 months, you will need to remember to downgrade your plan to ‘Open Use’ otherwise you will be charged as per a normal ‘Consultant’ subscription. More details about each subscription can be found here.
Yes and no. If your business has an enterprise subscription you any member of your organisation with “Admin” rights can enter a “Billing Email” where eTool will send all payment reminders, receipts and subscription notifications. This is done through the “Organisation Profile” tab in the organisation dash.
If you’re a consultant or open use subscriber unfortunately you cannot assign an alternate billing email within eToolLCD. However, if for example you work in a business with a separate accounts team who need a copy of the eToolLCD communications, simply set up an email forwarding rule on your email service, for example:
The Consultant Plan is intended for individual LCA practitioners. The account is linked with the user email address and all intellectual property (IP) data and LCA modelling belongs to the user and not the organisation who pays for the subscription.
Will your employer want access to your LCA models after you move roles or otherwise stop using eToolLCD? If so, you need the Enterprise or Specialist plan as the Consultant plan does not allow sharing or transferring of models between users during or after your subscription.
eTool set the Enterprise plan so that businesses who want to retain their IP can do so and eTool can support this practice in a legal manner. If you are a business that wants to retain your IP as staff transition in and out of your organisation, you will need the Enterprise or Specialist plan.
Technically yes, legally no. Our terms are quite specific about data ownership, see the below extract with the red highlighted text:
By using eToolLCD certain data and design documentation will be uploaded and entered into The Platform. The Subscriber retains all of their right, title and interest in and to its Data, and ownership of such Data shall not be transferred to eTool under this agreement. Subscribers grant eTool a nonexclusive license to use Data to deliver Services to authorized users of the Platform, solely in connection with the Project and further grants eTool a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to use eToolLCD usage data (such as, by way of example and not by way of limitation, aggregated and / or averaged Project performance information) in an aggregated form that does not identify individual persons or organizations, in order to compile statistics regarding Project life cycle environment and cost impacts, report on eToolLCD usage and/or to improve the Services.
Our agreement is with the subscriber (regardless of who pays the bill for the subscriber). So for non-enterprise users it’s the user themselves who owns the data. We can’t transfer it or copy it without their consent. This is one reason we set the enterprise plan up is so that businesses who want to retain their IP can do so and eTool can support this practice in a legal manner. If you are a business that wants to retain your IP as staff transition in and out of your organisation, you will need the enterprise plan.
If a non-enterprise user gave us consent to transfer data between accounts the actual process is a manual task that has risk associated with it depending on the data in question. For this reason, eTool may refuse the request, or charge a fee for the service if it is agreed to proceed.