One of the most powerful parts of eTools unique template structure is the inclusion of data on all people and equipment impacts as well as materials that make up a construction element. This means that templates include maintenance as well as replacement costs over the life cycle and makes converting an LCA to an LCC very simple.
eTool is planning to automate LCC reporting from the app just as we have successfully done with LCA reports. In the interim we’ve set up a word and excel template for LCC reporting (see below). See this video for how to run LCC from eTool and report against ISO156865 standard for BREEAM MAN2 credits.
Note: The LCC spreadsheet template can be used with any financial indicator. Not just British pounds as shown in the video.
LCC Report Templates
LCC MS Excel Template for Charts etc (UPDATED: 19 July 2023)
*Note that the excel spreadsheet allows for up to 10,000 rows of data. Copy the formulas through if you need more rows than this.
Spreadsheet not working? Please check that the below items have been done:
- ‘Pound Sterling’ indicator has been turned on in the Project Level prior to exporting the data.
- You have downloaded the latest version of the spreadsheet (linked above).
- You have clicked on the ‘Calculate Now’ button after you’ve filled out the spreadsheet. You should probably adjust the spreadsheet settings as per the section below before doing this to speed up the process.
Slow Load Times
For users who are experiencing slow load times with the spreadsheet (due to large file size and/or low RAM), changing the following settings in Excel may help. Note that you might need to change to these settings for every session.
Please make the following changes to Excel before you reopen the spreadsheet again:
- Click on ‘File’ then ‘Options’. If you have Office 365, it will be located at the bottom of the green menu on the left.
- In the pop-up menu, click on ‘Advanced’ and under ‘Formulas’ ensure that the ‘Enable Multi-Threaded Calculation’ check box is checked. Click ‘OK’ to update.
- Back in the normal spreadsheet page, click on ‘Formulas’ and under ‘Calculation Options’, click on ‘Manual’ to activate the manual calculations. This means that you’ll need to manually recalculate formulas in the spreadsheet by clicking on the ‘Calculate Now’ button in the same calculation options menu.
These settings should help speed up the time it takes for the spreadsheet to work or make changes.