The New London Plan and its Whole Life Carbon Guidance are soon to come into effect.
At eTool, we have reviewed their reporting template and have prepared an excel tool to help our users populate the results for Assessment 1 and Assessment 2 at the Outline Planning and Detailed Planning stages.
Below are the steps to fill out the New London Plan’s GLA template using the “All Impacts” report from eToolLCD.
- Ensure “Global Warming Potential Biogenic, GWP B” indicator is enabled at the Project Level in eToolLCD (only available with the latest LCI source – v17. Please submit a support request if you don’t have access to this.)
- Generate the “All Impacts Details” report for the design to be reported in the GLA template.
- In the ‘Data Tab’ of All Impacts Details Report, make sure that no general categories are assigned to any item. For example Facilitating Works impacts are being reported using the second level of the RICS NRM system (i.e. 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc). An element that has been simply assigned the code “0” will not be pulled out of the spreadsheet correctly. You can check this by filtering the “CategoryCode” column (column U) and then correct the entries with generic codes in the spreadsheet OR correct them in the eToolLCD Design using the Bulk Swap Tool and re-download the report.
- Download the “eToolLCD to GLA WLC report” excel file from the link below.
- From the ‘Data Tab’ of the All Impacts report select the “CategoryCode”, “Module”, “Global Warming Potential, GWP” and “Global Warming Potential, GWP B” columns and copy the data.
- Paste the values only (don’t include formatting to save processing time) into the relevant columns in the ‘Data’ sheet of the GLA WLC report spreadsheet.
- Copy the values from the “Table” sheet to the relevant table within the GLA report template.
- Repeat for the grid decarbonization scenario. Please note that the grid can be changed to a future decarbonised grid either through the bulk swap function or by changing it in each energy item one by one.
Download the GLA spreadsheet in the link below:
SAP 10 Grid
Please note that the UK 2020 SAP 10 Grid is available in the eTool Default dataset.
You will see a warning that the grid does not align with EN 15978 standards due to the environmental discount factors applied to adjust potential future impacts. The relevant quality check will be left in question to highlight this deviation from EN 15978.