UPDATE: The eTool Revit plugin is now available for download from the official Autodesk app store! Link available below.
eTool have developed a new Revit Plugin to enable linking a Revit Model with an eToolLCD design. This simplifies the materials takeoff process for your eToolLCD modelling. Import and sync project components to understand key impact areas early on and test different design strategies to improve project performance.
(updated 7 October 2020)
- Autodesk Revit Program
- Autodesk Account
- eToolLCD Revit Plugin
- eToolLCD Account
- Download and Install Revit Plugin (available for Revit 2017 through 2021)
- Launch Revit and open a project
- Locate the eTooLCD plugin at eTool tab and login to eToolLCD
- Link a Revit model with a model in eToolLCD
- Update eToolLCD to send components from Revit to eToolLCD
- After the Revit file is loaded in eToolLCD, click edit to match the components with eToolLCD templates. In case the template doesn´t exactly match or is not available, the user can finish the process and update it afterwards.
- The process is finished and the project components and quantities are now available in eToolLCD.
The unique eToolLCD template system will allow users to work from early concept Revit models when only preliminary geometry is available, and will also help accurately calculate transportation distances, installation processes and other parameters only available in the eToolLCD templates.
Carefully review the LCA scope after matching Revit project components with eToolLCD templates, confirming for example that the imported model has all structural elements and also the architectural items like facades, glazing, roof. If importing multiple Revit models, double check the LCA scope doesn’t have any duplicates. Additional functionality is being design to increase interoperability so please stay tuned.
Revit Plug-in Trouble Shooting
If you are having trouble with previous versions, or the eTool tab not appearing, please go through the following steps:
- On your computer, navigate to Settings > Apps & Features > Add or Remove Programs
- Select your version of the plugin, eToolLCD Plugin or eTool.Revit 20XX Vx.x and select Uninstall
- Ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the plug-in, and extract / run the installer
- Reinstall / Install the plug-in from the installer.
In the event that the Autodesk version of the plugin fails to install, particularly for old Revit versions:
You can access our standalone installer here: eToolLCD Revit Plugin Standalone V6.0
If the plug-in still doesn’t show up after that, please get in touch with us via email@example.com
Some users have reported issues with particular browsers automatically blocking zipped installer files. If you have any issues downloading the standalone installer, try an alternative browser (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer). If the issue persists, please get in touch with us.
Features for v6.0:
- Better error recovery – In the event of an internal Revit error during design analysis, the plugin should recover better & proceed where analysis left off
- Better error information for users – If there were any parsing issues, clients will be notified regarding the extent, and an internal error log updated
- Logon token timeout issue corrected
- API Changes
- Minor bug fixes
Features for v5.1:
- Contextual help – If a user presses “F1” over the eTool tab in Revit it will bring them to the support site.
- Digital signing – it now correctly identifies “eTool PTY LTD” as the publisher when installing & running, rather than “Unknown”
- Bug fixes – Previously, a badly behaving Revit element could stop the whole upload process to eTool if it couldn’t be parsed, this should be corrected.
Features for v5.0:
- Better error logging to identify issues – Plugin automatically relays useful information to help diagnose problems (error code, Revit Version, Plugin Version, etc)
- Better link behaviour – Some previously un-clickable URLs now can be copied or open directly in the user’s browser
- Deprecation warning – If our API changes, the plugin will be automatically disabled and users will be prompted to update, rather than allowing old plugin versions to potentially operate in an unsafe manner
- Network connection / eTool site availability check on start-up
- Minor bug fixes
Features for v4.0:
- Bundle for the Autodesk store
Features for v3.0:
- Improved performance of very large Revit models
Features for v2.0:
- Add progress messages to “Update Design” process
Features for v1.0:
- Log into eToolLCD from within Revit
- Link designs between Revit and eToolLCD
- Export components from Revit Model to eToolLCD
- Match Revit components with eToolLCD library templates in eToolLCD